Last chance to support the Watipa scholarships this year
We have raised almost £24,000 this year, thanks to approximately £8,850 in public donations and £15,000 from the social enterprise revenue. Thank you for your support!
After a tentative start, the online fundraising campaign and also sales from the new Holiday and Happy New Year cards have really boosted the fundraising results. We are now only £6,000 away from our target. This is fantastic, especially because it seemed so out of reach even just a few weeks ago…
We have one week to go in our fundraising drive to support the Watipa scholarships in 2017. Will you add your support or top it up further to help us reach our target?
Check out our new fundraising website (https://give1000.com) and join others in taking up the challenge of giving 1,000 in any currency. 100% of the funds we receive go directly to support the scholars.
In other news, in early November we celebrated the end of the year with Watipa friends, colleagues and Trustees at an event at our offices in Kentish Town, North London. We are also preparing for an exciting panel event in Cambridge on the 6th February 2018, with a star studded group of leaders talking about gender, innovation and the future of social enterprise in Africa. Watch this space for further details.
We have started a new campaign #Watipa #Hope to support the Watipa scholarship programme. To get involved and support our campaign, you can:
- Watch and share our short film on YouTube: Watipa is hope!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram
- Like us on Facebook
- Donate to the crowdfunding campaign
- Become a regular monthly donor
Keep up-to-date with our thinking, work and new ideas through our latest blogs:
- Malawi: Meet a scholar: Naomi Nyasulu
- Malawi: Meet a scholar: Prudence Chavula
- Uganda: Meet a scholar: Kyendikuwa Francis
- Kenya: Meet a scholar: Rose Aoko Omollo
- Kenya: Meet a scholar: Zingiri Amos Mwamlamba
- Uganda: Meet a scholar: Mariam Nassaka
- Ghana: Meet a scholar: Emmanuel Boateng Duah
- Uganda: Meet a scholar: Aisha Bukenya
- Global: The weight of hope
- Tanzania: Meet a scholar: Aldo Kastory Sanga