According to a recent study by the British Council, gender equality still exists worldwide. To be honest this is something that most people notice – if paying attention with a critical eye – as we walk through life every single day.
Gender inequality exists worldwide, as summarised in the British Council report:
- In politics, where only 23% of members of parliament are women;
- In work, where 50% of women compared to 75% of men are in formal work;
- In pay, where on average women earn 24% less than men;
- In entrepreneurship, where there are only 10 countries where as many women as men start their own businesses; and
- In society, where 1 in 3 women experience sex or gender based violence.