Are you a young person, age 25 or younger, who is passionate about giving back to your community? Do you have the ambition to help develop your community or country?
In September 2016, Watipa launched a new scholarship program to support young people achieve their dreams to give back to their community. Our scholarship program will support young people with tuition fees and living expenses for a period of 1-3 years (depending on the needs of the scholars) as well as access to our pool of international mentors.
You can apply if you are:
- 15 – 25 years of age
- Living in a developing country, including but not limited to Malawi, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, South Africa or Nepal
- Have secured a place to study, either at an institute of higher education or secondary school. We will consider applicants starting a new course as well as those part-way through.
- passionate about community development
The scholarship will cover:
- Course tuition fees, that will be paid directly to the educational institution
- Living expenses, to cover the cost of materials, transport and clothing, that will be paid directly to the scholar
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 2 November.
How to apply? Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 2 November with the heading SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION + your country + your surname, and include the following documents as attachments (in Word of PDF):
- A motivational letter about why you are applying for the scholarship and how it will enable you to achieve your passionate of contributing to the development of your community (maximum 1 page)
- A letter of reference from a teacher or lecturer
- A letter of support from your parents or a family member
- A CV, that includes your contact information as well as details of your study, work and volunteer experience (maximum 2 pages)
- Proof of your enrolment in a higher education course or secondary school (including the name of the educational institution, details of the course, and bank information for the transfer of tuition fees)
Late applications will not be considered. Applications for scholarships will open again in 2017.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. We expect a high amount of interest in the scholarship program and will respond to your enquiry as soon as we can.